Richard K. Larson - Publications, Papers, Presentations
Note: Materials are posted on this site as an efficient way to distribute reprints. The respective authors and publishers of these works retain all of the copyrights to this material. Anyone copying, downloading, bookmarking, or printing any of these materials agrees to comply with all of the copyright terms. Other than having an electronic or printed copy for fair personal use, none of these works may be reposted, reprinted, or redistributed without the explicit permission of the relevant copyright holders.
- 2015 Cheung, C. and R.K. Larson. Psych verbs in English and Mandarin. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 33: 127-189.
- 2012 Larson, R.K. and M. Sawada. Root transformations and quantificational structure. In L. Haegeman, R. Nye and L. Aelbrecht (eds.)
Main Clause Phenomena: New Horizons. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- 2011 Larson, R.K. Clauses, propositions and phases. In A-M DiSciullo and C. Boeckx (eds.)
The Biolinguistic Enterprise: New Perspectives on the Evolution and Nature of the Human Language Faculty . (pp. 366-391) Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2010 Larson, R.K. On Pylkkänen’s semantics for low applicatives. Linguistic Inquiry 41: 701-704.
- 2009 Larson, R.K. Chinese as a reverse Ezafe language. Yuyanxue Luncong (Journal of Linguistics) 39: 30-85. Peking University.
- 2009 Harada, N. and R.K. Larson. Datives in Japanese. In R. Shibagaki and R. Vermeulen (eds.) Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics (WAFL5). MIT Working Papers in Linguistics Vol. 54. (pp.3-17) Cambridge, MA: MITWPL.
- 2008 Larson, R.K. and H. Yamakido. Ezafe and the deep position of nominal modifiers. In L. McNally and C. Kennedy (eds.) Adjectives and adverbs. Syntax, Semantics, and Discourse. (pp.43-70) Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- 2007 Larson, R.K. and N. Takahashi. Order and interpretation in prenominal relative clauses. In M. Kelepir and B. Öztürk (eds.) Proceedings of the Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics II. MIT Working Papers in Linguistics Vol. 54. (pp.101-120) Cambridge, MA: MITWPL.
- 2005 Vassilieva, M. and R. Larson. The semantics of the plural pronoun construction. Natural Language Semantics 13:101-124.
- 2004 R.K. Larson. Sentence-final adverbs and "scope". In M. Wolf and K. Moulton (eds.) Proceedings of NELS 34. (pp.23-43) UMASS: GLSA.
- 2004 Sawada, M. and R.K. Larson. Presupposition & root transforms in adjunct clauses. In M. Wolf and K. Moulton (eds.) Proceedings of NELS 34. (pp. 517-528) UMASS: GLSA.
- 2004 Larson, R.K. and F. Marusic. Indefinite pronoun structures with APs. Linguistic Inquiry 35: 268-287.
- 2003 Larson, R.K. Time and event measure. In J. Hawthorne and D. Zimmerman (eds.) Philosophical Perspectives 17, Language and Philosophical Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press.
- 2003 Larson, R.K. and C. Cho. Temporal adjectives and the structure of possessive DPs. Natural Language Semantics.11:217-247.
- 2003 Larson, R.K. Event descriptions in Fon and Haitian Creole. In D. Adone (ed.) Development in Creole Studies. Tuebingen: Niemeyer.
- 2002 Larson, R.K. and H. Yamakido. A new form of nominal ellipsis in Japanese . In P. Clancy (ed.) Japanese/Korean Linguistics Vol. 11. Stanford: CSLI.
- 2002 Larson, R.K. The grammar of intensionality. In G. Preyer and G. Peter (eds.) Logical Form and Language. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- 2001 Vassilieva, M. and R. Larson. The semantics of the plural pronoun construction. In R. Hastings, B. Jackson and Z. Zvolenszky (eds.) Proceedings of Semantics and Linguistic Theory (SALT) XI. Ithaca: CLC Publications, Dept. of Linguistics, Cornell University.
- 1999 Larson, R.K. and C. Cho. Temporal adjectives and the structure of possessive DPs. In: Proceedings of WCCFL 18. Somerville, MA: Casadilla Press.
- 1998 Larson, R.K. Events and modification in nominals. In D. Strolovitch and A. Lawson (eds.) Proceedings from Semantics and Linguistic Theory (SALT) VIII. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- 1995 Larson, R.K. Semantics. In L. Gleitman (ed.) Invitation to Cognitive Science. Vol. 1 Language. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- 1993 Larson, R.K. and P. Ludlow. Interpreted logical forms. Synthese 95, 305-355.
- 1991 Larson, R.K. and C. Lefebvre. Predicate clefting in Haitian Creole. In Proceedings of NELS 21, GLSA, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- 1991 Larson, R.K. Some issues in verb serialization. In C. Lefebvre, (ed.) Verb Serialization, John Benjamins, Amsterdam.
- 1991 Larson, R.K. Promise and the theory of control. Linguistic Inquiry 22: 103-139.
- 1990 Larson, R.K. Double objects revisited: reply to Jackendoff. Linguistic Inquiry 21: 589-632.
- 1990 Larson, R.K. Extraction and multiple selection in PP. The Linguistic Review 7: 169-182.
- 1990 Larson, R.K. Semantics. In D. Osherson, (ed.) Invitation to Cognitive Science. Vol. 1.Language. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- 1990 Larson, R.K. and R. May. Antecedent containment or vacuous movement: reply to Baltin. Linguistic Inquiry 21: 103-122.
- 1989 Kim, Y.j. and R.K. Larson. Scope interpretation and the syntax of psych-verbs. Linguistic Inquiry 20: 681-688.
- 1988 Larson, R.K. Implicit arguments in Situation Semantics. Linguistics and Philosophy 11: 169-201.
- 1988 Larson, R.K. On the double object construction. Linguistic Inquiry 19: 335-391.
- 1988 Larson, R.K. Scope and comparatives. Linguistics and Philosophy 11: 1-26.
- 1987 Larson, R.K. 'Missing prepositions' and the analysis of English free relative clauses. Linguistic Inquiry 16: 239-266.
- 1985 Larson, R.K. Bare-NP adverbs. Linguistic Inquiry 14: 595-621.
- 1985 Larson, R.K. On the syntax of disjunction scope. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 3: 217-264.
- 1982 Larson, R.K. A note on the interpretation of adjoined relative clauses. Linguistics and Philosophy 5: 473-482.
- 1982 Larson, R.K. and R. Cooper. The syntax and semantics of when-questions. Linguistics and Philosophy 5: 155-169.
- 1980 Larson, R.K. On a recent analysis of English auxiliaries. Cahiers Linguistiques d'Ottawa 9: 283-293.
- 2014 Larson, R. On shell structure.. Routledge, London.
- 2010 Larson, R., V. Deprez, and H. Yamakido. The evolution of language: biolinguistic perspectives. Cambridge University Press, New York.
- 2010 Larson, R. Grammar as science. MIT Press, Cambridge. (GAS has the honor of being the 9000th book published by MIT Press!)
- 1995 Larson, R.K. and G. Segal. Knowledge of meaning. Bradford Books/MIT Press, Cambridge.
- 1992 Larson, R., S. Iatridou, U. Lahiri, and J. Higginbotham. Control and grammar. Kluwer Academic Publishing Group, Dordrecht.
- 2010 Larson, R.K., D.S. Warren, J. Freire de Lima e Silva, K. Sagonas and S.V. Ramanan. Syntactica for JAVA. MIT Press, Cambridge.
- 1997 Larson, R.K., D.S. Warren, J. Freire de Lima e Silva, P.Gomez and K. Sagonas. Semantica. MIT Press, Cambridge.
- 1996 Larson, R.K., D.S. Warren, J. Freire de Lima e Silva and K. Sagonas. Syntactica. MIT Press, Cambridge.
- 2011 Larson,R.K. and D. Jaspers. Broad and Narrow Language Faculties. Paper presented at the Workshop on the Evoultion of Human Cognition, Georgetown University. (March 18 2011).
- 2010 Larson, R.K. and M. Sawada. Root Transformations and Quantificational Structure. Paper presented at GIST 2: Main Clause Phenomena, Ghent, Belgium. (Sept 29- Oct 01 2010).
- 2009 Larson R.K. Underlying Form. Handout of plenary presentation at AEDEAN 31, University of Cadiz, Spain (November 11-15, 2009)
- 2008 Harada, N. and R.K. Larson. Datives in Japanese. Paper presented at WAFL 5, London, UK. (May 23-25 2008).
- 2008 Larson R.K. and C. Cheung "Make" as a triadic unaccusative. Handout of paper presented at the Linguistic Society of America annual meetings, Chicago, IL (January 3-6, 2008)
- 2007 Larson, R.K. Clauses, propositions and phases. Paper presented at Biolinguistic Investigations, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. (February 23-25, 2007).
- 2006 Cheung, C. and R.K. Larson. Chinese psych verbs and covert clausal complementation. Handout of paper presented at the Chicago Workshop on Chinese Linguistics, Chicago, IL (December 2, 2006).
- 2006 Larson, R.K. The position and interpretation of nominal modifiers in Indo-Iranian. Paper presented at WECOL 06, Fresno, CA (October 29, 2006).
- 2006 Larson, R.K. and H. Yamakido. Zazaki "double Ezafe" as double case-marking. Paper presented at the Linguistic Society of America annual meetings, Albuquerque, NM (January 8, 2006).
- 2006 Harada, N. and R.K. Larson. Two-goal datives. Handout of paper presented at the Linguistic Society of America annual meetings, Albuquerque, NM (January 8, 2006).
- 2004 Larson, R.K. The projection of DP. Handout of paper presented at the University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany (January 15, 2004).
- 2000 Larson, R.K. Temporal modification in nominals. Handout of paper presented at the International Round Table "The Syntax of Tense and Aspect," Paris, France (November 15-18, 2000).
- 2000 Larson, R.K. ACD in AP?. Paper presented at the 19th West Coast Conference of Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 19), Los Angeles, CA.
- 1999 Larson, R.K. Semantics of adjectival modification. Lectures presented at the Dutch National Graduate School (LOT), Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 1997 Larson, R.K. The Grammar As Science Project. Two-part presentation at the Linguistic Society of America Summer Institute, Workshop on Linguistics and the Language Sciences: New Computer-based Methods and Materials for Undergraduate Education, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York.
- 1996 Grammar as a laboratory science. Paper presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science Meetings, Special Session "From Curiousity to Science Through Linguistic Inquiry" Baltimore, MD (February 10, 1996).
- 1995 Larson, R.K.Olga is a beautiful dancer. Paper presented at the Linguistic Society of America meetings, New Orleans, LA.
Back to Richard .K. Larson's Homepage